"A People's History of American Empire" by Howard Zinn

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Google Docs-Picasa, iGoogle, Knol, and Calender

Google is not far from taking over the world. With an endless amount of things you can do on their streamlined homepage (which is incredibly deceiving-with all the extras they offer), iGoogle, Picasa, Knol, and Calender are more examples of why Google has become such a successful search engine and business. Each of these programs offer interesting perspectives on pretty simple ideas. The application that I would use most is probably iGoogle. The ability to bring all the information you would be looking for anyway on the internet right to your homepage is quite useful and similar to an RSS feed. Two applications that I know I wouldn't use are both Picasa (being that I never take pictures) and the Calender (my appointment list in in my noggin'). Finally, Knol is a somewhat interesting take on a pseudo-encyclopedia. I think that Knol could be an interesting application used in the classroom for students to work on their writing skills, become familiar with technology, and express their knowledge in a topic their passionate or interested in.
Jon

1 comment: